Survey Says… New Trends from Corporate In-house Counsel
Recently, Kroll and Kroll Ontrack surveyed over 170 corporate in-house counsel to share their perspectives on modern legal challenges facing organizations. We asked about some of the most pressing issues – from big data and compliance to fraud and cyber security – to uncover some striking corporate counsel trends.
These were just some of the questions asked:
- What are the most pressing legal issues facing your corporation?
- Does your company have a data breach or incident response plan in place?
- Does your corporation have an information governance program in place?
- How frequently do you discuss data security issues with your organization’s head of technology?
The key findings in this 2016 Corporate Risk Survey indicate that organizations are making noteworthy strides as the result of new risks facing the enterprise. Nevertheless, the survey also reveals that organizations have additional room to evolve if they seek to combat these modern risks in an efficient, cost-effective manner. Some of the in-house counsel findings include:
- Only 41% report that their company’s Incident Response plan is regularly updated and tested.
- 20% indicate that they never discuss data security issues with their organization’s head of technology.
- 73% believe that they do not have an effective Information Governance (IG) program in place to deal with skyrocketing data volumes.